Writer’s block, again? Gah! That’s the worst. You’re staring at your computer screen (or, if you’re old school, pad of paper) drumming your fingers and wondering why you’re stumped and if it’s too late in life to switch careers.
But there’s hope, people. I promise.
Today’s Practical Proposal for Winning with Writer’s Block is….
Do Something Creative
- Play an instrument,
- Do that craft from Pinterest you thought you could maybekindof do
- Build a den or fort
- Go for a hike
- Listen to music
- Watch a movie
- Make video
- Explore Pinterest, Instagram, or Twitter
- Cook or bake, invent a recipe or try something from that one cookbook you have
- Play a prank (channel Jim from “The Office” )
- Make a sculpture
- Do a self portrait
- Go driving and get yourself lost, then find your way back
- Try a new restaurant
- Learn a new skill (like rollerblading or paper mache)
- Create a new character and write a day in their life
- No matter what, be engaged, be excited, get those creative juices flowing!
Can’t decide what to do? Use this random number generator to pick for you!
Happy Writing! Tweet us @inkwellbookco and let us know what works for you!
-the Inkwell team